Netflix, which generally does not share data on the viewing statistics of the programs, announced the most watched series and movies of the platform for the first time.
Netflix former CEO and chief content officers Reed Hastings and Ted Sarandos shared data on Netflix’s most successful productions. Making statements at the Code Conference, Netflix former CEO and Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos announced the most watched series and movies of Netflix.
According to the statements made at Code Conference, Bridgerton, Netflix’s most watched series, has been watched “for at least two minutes” from 82 million accounts to date.
Here are the most watched Netflix series
- 1- Bridgerton Season 1 (82 million)
- 2- Lupine Season 1 (76 million)
- 3- The Witcher Season 1 (76 million)
- 4- Sex/Life (67 million)
- 5- Stranger Things Season 3 (67 million)
- 6- Money Heist Part 4 Season 4 (65 million)
- 7- Tiger King Season 1 (64 million)
- 8- The Queen’s Gambit (62 million)
- 9- Sweet Tooth Season 1 (60 million)
- 10- Emily in Paris Season 1 (58 million)
However, despite all these numbers, Sarandos stated that Squid Game, a Korean drama that debuted 10 days ago, may be the most watched program ever and is already number one in many countries. Netflix has committed to spending $500 million on content in South Korea this year.
Moving on to the movies, the most watched productions of Netflix are as follows:
- 1- Extraction (99 million)
- 2- Bird Box (89 million)
- 3- Spenser Confidential (85 million)
- 4- 6 Underground (83 million)
- 5- Murder Mystery (83 million)
- 6- The Old Guard (78 million)
- 7- Enola Holmes (77 million)
- 8- Project Power (75 million)
- 9- Army of the Dead (75 million)
- 10- Fatherhood (74 million)