NBA 2K22 has been officially announced: here’s what’s coming this year with features, price and release date, in-game visuals and more to get NBA fans excited.
NBA 2K22, the new game of the NBA 2K series, one of the most popular sports games, has been officially announced. The game’s price, release date and cover stars have been revealed.
NBA 2K22 Details
NBA 2K22, the new game of the NBA 2K series published by 2K and developed by Visual Concepts, has been officially announced.
The game was announced on the official Twitter account of NBA 2K. According to the announcement, Dallas Mavericks star Luka Doncic will grace the covers of this year. The 75th Anniversary cover features Nowitzki, Kevin Durant and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Finally, this year’s covers will feature a WNBA player for the first time. Candace Parker will also appear on these special covers.
NBA 2K22 brings the entire basketball universe to you. PLAY NOW in real NBA and WNBA environments against original teams and players. Build your own dream team with the stars of today and legends of the past on MyTEAM. Embark on your own professional acting journey with MyCAREER and experience your promotion to the NBA. Test your management skills as a powerful Administrator with MyGM and MyLEAGUE. With NBA 2K22, anyone can play basketball anywhere.
What are the NBA 2K22 features?
This time around, there’s more to the game than changing teams and players. NBA 2K22 caught our attention the most with its packages. Many game studios, especially Ubisoft, sell their games in multiple packages. It has always been a matter of debate how much playability these packs offer compared to their price. We will be aware of the content quality of the packages offered by 2K Games for NBA 2K22 in the coming days.
This year, NBA 2K22 will offer three versions of the game in digital and physical formats: Standard Edition, Cross-Gen Digital Bundle, and a special NBA 75th Anniversary Edition:
- Standard Edition is playable on previous generation platforms (PlayStation 4, Xbox One consoles, Nintendo Switch and PC) and next generation consoles (PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S);
- The Cross-Gen Digital Bundle will give players access to the Standard Edition on previous and new generations on the same PlayStation and Xbox consoles;
- NBA 2K22 NBA 75th Anniversary Edition will be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC. Dual generation access is included for both the Cross-Gen Digital Bundle and the NBA 75th Anniversary Edition for PS4/PS5 and Xbox One/Xbox Series X|S platforms, providing a version of the game for each console generation within the same console family. NBA 75th Anniversary Edition for Nintendo Switch will be available in digital format only in the EMEA region.
Dončić appears on the cover of the game’s standard and cross-generational packs. The standard package includes the plug-in-free build of the game and the cross-gen package lets you play the game on old and new generations of your Xbox or PlayStation console. So when you upgrade the console, you pay a lower price instead of buying the game again.
The point that can be criticized in this regard is that there is no free upgrade to the next generation. Game studios are offering free upgrades to next-gen users to accommodate next-gen consoles. Such a deficiency is a disadvantage for those who are considering moving to the next generation in the future.
The NBA 75th Anniversary Edition celebrates three of the league’s most iconic tall men who have revolutionized the league in 75 years:
- Hall of Famer, six-time NBA Champion and six-time MVP and all-time NBA striker Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is a legend that still influences today’s game, from his patented Skyhook to his social activism;
- 14-time All-Star, NBA Champion, and MVP Dirk Nowitzki represents not only basketball’s global expansion but also the evolution of the game itself as the prototype pinball tall man;
- 11-time All-Star, league MVP and two-time NBA Champion, Kevin Durant, a legend known for his one-of-a-kind presence in the league, is emerging as NBA® 2K cover athlete for the third time.
NBA 2K22: Anyone, Anywhere
The game will be released on September 10, so we have two months to wait. Until then, you can also go the way of buying NBA 2K21 and playing. The biggest difference here is the pricing of the two games.